If there was such a thing as too perfect (which I don’t think there is) it might look like:
- waking up to this Higher Awareness message:
- getting a link sent to me x2 to Leanne’s “Releasing my emotional connection to food” post on Healthful Pursuit and connecting to this: “Once I let go of the fear of being unable to locate gluten-free foods, or worrying that I’d go hungry, I was surprised by how happy I was, healthy I felt, how free my choices had become, and how well I became at dealing with my emotions instead of relying on food to do it for me.” …Though for me it’s not about being on vacation and being unable to find gluten free, I get it. For me I think it applies to not worrying daily about only finding “good” or “safe” foods. How freeing is it to NOT have to worry? Uh, AMAZING. I’m like a freaking bird.
- my rice pudding from lab yesterday (OK – I’m just kidding, I don’t even LIKE rice pudding, but there was rice galore on our sample plates…I ate my lunch instead !)
- a dinner (snack for me) date at Veg Out last night with a friend/mentor (yupp, I’m lucky) from home! I had the sweet potato wedges, which I was sure were baked but were too frenchy-fry ish to have been. Oh well. Pick your battles, and receiving something as tasty as these on my plate is not one I need to fight especially when I got a good pep talk about all the changes I’ve been thinking about this week!
- an evening bike ride (tired legs looking forward to an easy day here today!)
- a post-ride smoothie (dinner?) made with spinach, applesauce, soy milk, cashew butter, ice, and cinnamon … topped with crunchy cereal and some more cashew butter, obvs
- squash for breakfast (NOT letting these leftovers go to waste) along with some spinach dying to be eaten
- a rainy day = rain boots
+ studying motivation
+ Trevor Hall on repeat
- a new month: June can only get better than May, right?
Anddddd if you’ll excuse me, it’s time to go to TOWN on my work! I want to get a bunch done (and take a break to post a TGIF post of course) so I can relax with friends tonight and go home this weekend. Happy Friday, happy June, happy day!
What would make a perfect morning for you?
What’s your favourite weird breakfast?
Do you like rain? Trevor Hall? Wacky boots?