I love doing these posts. I say that every week.
…because it’s true!
5 things worth checking out
1. “Hanging out in your comfort zone?: 3 steps to help you jump out” on the Wellness Warrior blog that inspired my inspiration reel inclusion? Complete with my fav, inspirational cheesy photo, and this: “
“Growth facilitates happiness. We experience fulfilment when we grow in ourselves. When we feel that we are progressing, evolving and becoming more, we develop a higher level of confidence and pride. This is what makes us feel alive. This is where the magic happens.”
…totally up my alley!
2. Go Kaleo’s Facebook page. Seriously, I know I plug her like I’m sponsored by her or something, but seriously I’m just inspired by the woman! Her status updates are the shit:
3. “How Crossfit Can Benefit Triathletes” on Active.com. I love a challenge, and figuring out how to incorporate high intensity workouts like Crossfit prescribes without compromising endurance training seems hard. I’m starting to think of how the two can complement each other–since fitness is all fun and training should make ya feel good, I guess what I’m getting at is that the two can work together and not compete. Yay! So I swam slower this week because my back was good sore from doing pull-ups for the first time in ages. Think how fast I’ll be when I am stronger for them–. Once you figure out the recovery and rebuilding piece of it all, you’re set!
4. “5 Hard Truths You’re Afraid to Admit” on Your Kick Ass Life. Frig, Andrea Owen is the shit. She nails these on the head and puts the responsibility for being awesome back on you–where I agree that it belongs! Amen to that.
5. “Ditch the Diet – Love Yourself into a Happy Healthy Body” on Radiant Life Design. The title says it all, but the message is clear and awesome and what my blog and message is all about:
“Decide that you are beautiful and treat yourself as if you are. Stop trying to change yourself. Pretty soon you’ll recognize the beauty that’s always been there.
So many women are trying to change themselves so they can love themselves. When I’m thinner than I’ll ___________. Don’t put your joy on hold. Think and be the woman who loves her body exactly the way it is. Fall in love with yourself now, and your reality will shift to match that.”
Did I mention I love love love love love this post? Consider it bookmarked.
4 inspirational doses of cheese
3 reasons Tuesday is going to be
Tuesday – exam day – school’s out for the summer (or for life?)…
2. Sour Puss + gummy worms. ’nuff said.
3. Soaking theme, Martha style: tequila-soaked fruit.
PS You might not hear from me Wednesday.
2 races I’m doing this weekend
1. Go the Distance - this 8k race is for Hope’s Garden, which is the eating disorder resource centre here that I absolutely and whole heartedly support. If you want to pledge me, you should and you can do it online easily ;)! If not, cheer for me in spirit cuz I’m not a big racer. I do intend to smile for the entire 8k to prove that life is better when you decide to be happy.
2. Spartan Sprint - last minute decision to sub in for a friend in need. I think this is going to be fun and it classifies as a summer bucket list item/warmup for tough mudder.
God these videos get me. 8 weeks til Tough Mudder and I am oh so
scared shitless excited.
anything to share?