Don’t worry, I’m not running away just yet. And I promise not to totally neglect the blog or you guys while I’m gone, but I’m gonna miss posting and running bootcamp and yoga and I think this is a good sign — when you love your life enough that vacation is taking you away from fun things and putting you in other fun things, I’d say that’s abundance and living and carpe diem-ing.
That one’s just a bonus. On to the good stuff:
5 inspirational moments
PS I am adding a ton of cheese to the inspiration reel this week!
4 reasons you should come to bootcamp (besides the fact that you love me)
1. It costs less than your frappucino — and will undoubtedly leave you healthier!
2. Where else will you find the motivation to do burpees in the middle of the summer?
3. It’s too cheap to use money as an excuse. Seriously, $5. I’m GIVING this away!
4. When I’m bigger and better than Jillian, you’ll be able to say you knew me when. Seriously, I’m kind of the go big or go home type, and in case you haven’t caught my drift lately, I’m going big!
3 workout resources I like
1. “35 Kick-Ass Partner Exercises” at greatist.com. So many ideas!
2. “Challenging Partner Exercises” on Real Simple. New ideas!
3. “Low Impact Cardio Blast Workout” on about.com. I need some low impact options for folks with knee issues, etc.
2 Podcasts you should check out
1. The Life By Design series I mentioned earlier this week is awesome. I’m downloading them all to my iPod for my super duper long trip. I swear these folks didn’t kidnap me and make me drink koolaid, I just feel drawn to what they’re all about! Get interested–I’d love to hear what you think! I particularly liked the podcasts talking about the differences between LBD’s eating principles and the paleo diet and their exercise prescription and crossfit. Very interesting stuff–this is something I want to learn more about.
2. Jillian Michaels’ latest. She was just bang on–talking about foam rolling, talking about pursuing an unconventional career, doling out some life coach advice. Like I think she must have read my diary or something and made this episode just for me!
1 sad realization
1. I saw this tweet:
and whipped out this stat:
and channeled my inner mathlete:
…to calculate that if this applied to just the US, that’s 105,941,252 women whose main goal is losing weight. What if our main goal was like helping someone once a day? Or being the best daughter/mother/sister/friend we could possibly be? Or living eco-friendly? Or WHATEVER — anything more noble than changing our weight?!
And with that, have an awesome weekend!