“Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.”
Happy Sunday! I’m not going to lie — I had some ups and downs this weekend. But lucky for me I had plenty of reasons to smile…
- Awesome sweaty workouts.
…I’m all for the endorphins and the excitement since I am switching things up…and loving it. I felt so connected and so much positive energy at the yoga event I went to this evening in the park. It was luminescence and lululemon hosted it. Two of my favourite yoga studios came together and led a class after a run with the lulu run ambassadors and oh was it fun. I saw so many familiar faces, had friends along with me for company (the more the merrier is always my motto, especially when it comes to moving and getting active!), and we did candlelight yoga in the park. Can you say perfect? Not yet. But add in live music by this gal I’ve never heard (but will be needing to hear more of) and you’re coming pretty darn close to an 11 out of 10!
- Yummy eats.
- QT with friends: A girls’ day with Angela, a lucky meeting with Bon Bon, seeing pals at yoga…it’s all good!
- Gifts! Check out the treat (it’s raw, kids) I was lucky to get when I helped out at West London Crossfit (it opens next week!). More importantly, check out the smile on my face !
- Laughing. Speaking of fun helping out, I didn’t really help today but I did get a really easy dose of happy when I hung out for a bit. If I just leave it at this–kids are awesome and everyone should hang out with ‘em now and again–that’s good enough!
- New reading material.
- Anticipation. I am really excited for September. I sent emails to say no to some of the opportunities I’ve realized aren’t “hell yes” material. That frees up space and time for more awesome things that I actually really feel drawn to, and that’s a good thing!
- Community. It’s pretty cool and pretty freaking inspiring to hang out with the people at Life By Design. Energy is contagious and I’m really glad to be associated with something so awesome.
- Friends. Last night involved putt putt, dinner, drinks, and all that good stuff with friends! To be honest I’m tireddddd from a summer of lots of this kind of thing, but I think so long as I remember that it’s okay to say no sometimes, I’m finding the right balance here!
- Insight. I feel another post coming on…stay tuned!
…so I’m back to a happy place. What I’ve come to realize when I find myself getting down (listening to the itty bitty shitty committee that sometimes takes up space in my mind) is that I can choose a way to be happy. I don’t have to stay angry, sad, hurt, whatever–I can accept those feelings, do something about them, and move on. Done and done! Now that the weekend is done, it’s time for a busy week to get going. We’ve got staff training at the gym, I’m meeting up with lots of friends who I’ve been missing for too long, and I know it’s time to get down to work on some of my to dos (apartment hunting, story pitching, interview seeking, etc.)…I know it’s going to be a good one. What did you get up to this weekend?