Happy Friday and happy fall. It’s hard to believe it’s back to school and the leaves are changing colour, but my calendar says September so I’m accepting reality and embracing the change of season.
5 reasons I’m embracing fall
1. boots – I have too many. Cowgirl, combat, knee-high, ankle. Bah, I love boots!
2. pumpkins – Eating them, carving them, the scent of them (soaps, candles, etc.) pulling over on the side of the road to snap photos of them. What’s not to love?
3. fall fairs
5. getting closer to Christmas! (108 days, FYI)
4 inspirational images
3 songs I added to my playlist this week
1. An old fav pump-up:
2. One I’ve meant to add to the yoga list for a while:
3. Random but lovely:
2 things I’m pumped for this weekend
1. A trip to Sarnia which promises some sisterly/motherly bonding. We’re heading to Art in the Park, a spot where a bunch of vendors set up and sell their crafts/creations. I love it and going was a yearly tradition for so long until university kicked around but I’m looking forward to going back. In Sarnia, it’s a small world so I’m sure I’ll see some familiar faces. We’re also planning on getting some breakfast or brunch, which is sure to be delicious!
2. My first sweat session at West London Crossfit this Sunday. I don’t start my learning experience (the on ramp program) ’til next week, but oh am I eager!
1 podcast I have to share.
1. Yes, I still love the Life By Design podcast every week. But I’m loving loving loving the Live. Love. Eat. podcast by Stefani, whose site Paleo For Women is oh so awesome. Go there. ASAP. Listen to these. ASAP. LOVE! My fav page on her site? Her mission and description of her movement, which I want in on. My fav take-away from it:
“Paleo for Women is about empowerment. It’s about embracing a woman’s body as a natural, evolved organism, and about using whatever experience and knowledge a woman has to nourish and love herself as that organism. It’s about owning womanhood as evolved, as powerful, as individual, and real. It’s about saying Yes to life and No to social norms about body image, identity, presentation, and lifestyle.”
She’s on my wavelength. Health is bigger than weight. Abundance rocks.
“Just because you are beautiful does not mean that others are less beautiful, and just because they are beautiful does not mean you are less so.”
Did I mention I love this site?!
That’s all folks!
What are you up to this weekend?
What’s one site/blog/podcast you’re loving lately?
Any good songs added to your playlist this week?