This week has flown by. I had plans this afternoon but they fell through so I thought I’d take the time to update you guys, which really means I just want to sort my mind out.
What I’ve been up to lately:
- Lots of Crossfit. And lots of anticipating next weekend’s cert. Holy crap the weekend came fast! I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous for the certification–and the workouts we’ll be doing–but I’m definitely more excited than I am scared. I’m also looking forward to a road trip and some quality time with my mom along the way — she’s coming along for the trip and will explore the city while I’m busy learning my face off.
- Teaching, yoga, and trail running. Bootcamp is going really well at school and at The Athletic Club. I made it to a 90 minute yoga class this morning and felt extremely zen after. I hit the trails for a short run yesterday and a longer one today — god I love fall!
- Lots of reading. I think I have 5 books on the go right now and there are so many articles I’ve been reading and bookmarking. I’d rather be overwhelmed with things I want to read than bored any day, so no complaints here!
- Enjoying the company and the eats at the first of what I hope are monthly paleo get togethers — some friends from my Life By Design family and some from school all came together and tackled some bacon and vision board – making. My vision board is still expanding — I’m hoping to finish it up tonight!
- Eating like a monster – I realized after getting supremely frustrated with myself (how the hell did you go through a jar of nut butter in a week, Cheryl?!), that I’m just zoning out, which is the worst thing I can do. The best thing: realizing that I’m anxious / paying attention to that instead of diving into food and old habits (emotional unconscious eating, etc.) plus comforting myself with the fact that things are awesome….
The comforting fact…the things I’ve “overeaten” are not bad for me. I also take this as a learning opportunity and a chance to reassess. When I eat fruit and nuts for a “meal”, I get hangry. When I eat sweets, I crave more sweets. When I go too long without eating, I get hangry and then I usually overeat. I’m absolutely addicted to coffee and the headache I got the other day when I waited about an hour to have a cup upon waking = scary. I drink more coffee/decaf than I do water. All of these things I’ve noticed about myself…and noticing is the first step to changing. So there…action plan…
- Drink water instead of decaf coffee.
- Make sure my meals include more than fruit and nuts — vegetables and meat, anyone? Eggs and bacon? Omnomnom.
- Eat before I’m ravenous. An apple a day keeps the bingeing away.
- This week I have my first shift back at lululemon. I’m really excited that I got re-hired to work with such a good looking/awesome group of people. I know the job’s going to be a great fit for me right now. I’m also looking forward to another reason to shun real pants, more fitness classes/friends to go with, and to having a stable paycheque…
- I’ve set up a budget for myself. This is the first time I’m paying attention to my spending and my money and I think the enemy of action on this front, for me, was perfection. Funny how waking up and getting conscious with my health habits has carried over into other areas of my life, huh?
Andddd now you know more than you care to about my life and what I’ve been doing…so it’s time for me to occupy myself with my good friend Oprah (I said I wouldn’t buy as many magazines, not that I wouldn’t buy any…) and my journal. And maybe pinterest…