My TGIF posts were on hiatus for a bit there, but I keep thinking about how I have so many things bookmarked or wondering how I could share such random things with you…
Solution — in the most random post of my week!
5 links I just want to share
5. The Ultimate Guide To Eating Paleo. I likes.
4. Andrea Owen’s confession post today. A life coach owning up to alcoholism and owning…I love it. Seriously inspired.
3.A blog post about when enough is enough when it comes to losing weight. I like the sentiment — you find your happy weight, you get happy, you own it, you don’t worship some other ideal…win.
2. This surprisingly favourable article about the Paleo approach from Men’s Health. Usually, there are way more caveman references and way more dogma. Props, Men’s Health.
1. This list of maybe goals to consider for Crossfit. Could be totally random, could be a good spot to get some ideas–depends on how you look at it. One thing I know–a “maybe” goal probably won’t happen. So brainstorming is just a first step.
4 wordy awesome pics
3 things on my “I wanna do this!” list
3. The Brigden Fair. I go mostly for the quality time with my family, the apple cider, and the animals!
2. Halloween Haunting next month. It’s been a while since I’ve done a run. And I like getting dressed up. Last time I did this one, I had my fastest 10k ever. That being said, I was also seriously compulsive about all things exercise then, so any comparison is probably a bust. My motivation for doing it is two-fold, then: 1 to show that I’m badass at this weight (where I get my period and can think straight ) and 2 to have an excuse to dress up that doesn’t involve getting sloshed.
1. An Olympic lifting cert in Toronto in November. My trainer crush/buddy in bacon, Sarah, is gonna go so I have extra motivation to sign up.
2 articles worth reading about “cardio”
2. A case against cardio on Mark’s Daily Apple.
1. Friends don’t let friends do cardio on Everyday Paleo.
My take…I don’t think we should stop running, biking, swimming, rowing, skiing…if we love it. But I do think we should stop doing it if it’s a “should” struggle…my aim is to do the stuff I love (trail run, spin, bike, swim with friends, etc.) and then move more in my daily life. Walk to the store, bike to work, etc. Hold me accountable?
1 album that’s gonna make the drive to Ohio a lot more fun
1. The new Mumford & Sons album. Buy it.
And nowwwwww it’s time for me to go get more educated in awesome…see y’all later when I’m all crossfit certified and stuff!