I think Thanksgiving might just be my favourite time of the year–don’t tell Christmas. The leaves are changing, my obsession with pumpkin is socially acceptable, and people are in a cheesy “I’m grateful you’re part of my life” kind of mindset.
Today was filled with plenty of awesome:
- sipping Starbucks
- biking (just to and from CrossFit, but still!)
- CrossFitting – We squatted, worked on push presses, and rowed 10 100m sprints. I don’t think I have a sprint setting–yet.
- organizing my apartment — long overdue on this one
- eating leftover turkey
- snarfing healthy snacks
- going on a solo hike in Komoka (the only friends I made were the wild turkeys, which terrify me normally but were even worse given that I ate about 20lbs of one of their cousins in the last 24 hours)
- remembering a mini meatloaf I’d frozen for an occasion like today–where nothing in my fridge appealed–just in time for dinner…
- and now, writing (with some red wine to top my day off, of course)
And all that fun has tired me out! Now for an outline, a faceplant, and a stellar start to the week…
How’d you spend your Thanksgiving? Yes…I was alone. At least I talked to the barista at Starbucks. JK — I had social stimulation at the gym.
What’s your favourite holiday?
I had my fingers crossed when I said this was the most wonderful time of the year. Our countdown is at 77 days, kiddos. That’s 11 weeks on the dot!