Recall my presentation this afternoon on stevia? It went pretty well. It helps when you bribe people with brownies…
Lucky for me there were leftovers. I gave the staff I see every day on my way to class the leftover “good” brownies (the ones from the box with sugar) and ended up with a couple of the stevia “brownies” left. In the mix: applesauce, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, dark chocolate chunks, vanilla and flour. I took the recipe from a site I searched out on google even though it didn’t get the best reviews. Simple. Not really dessert, if you ask me.
More like snack…
I was hungry before my hair appointment today so I went for it and had one of the goodies. I liked it, even if most of my classmates were not quite as into them.
In the past, a brownie for a snack never would have happened. Today, it did. And if it had happened in the past, you know what would have happened? Not the “bliss” I’d expect (the emotional soothing) but probably self loathing or a binge. While the brownie didn’t bring me bliss this afternoon (I don’t think even the best brownies in the world could do that), a couple of things did:
- getting rid of my mullet
- a sweet ass run (again in my sports bra, because it was beautiful and because I am beautiful)
- a really good smoothie for dins (pumpkin, yogurt, soy milk, flaxseeds, pumpkin pie spice, and spinach, topped with oats)
- an evening at Starbucks with an impromptu study partner (a friend from the gym who has a knack for bringing my stress levels down and making me laugh)
- a mocha (’nuff said)
- finishing a project that’s due tomorrow
- getting my last source for my article that’s due tomorrow (thank god for helpful people and admitting that you’re a student journalist in a bit of a pickle/rush!)
- TMI warning!!!!! … a visit from Aunt Flo, NO PILLS/RING/ANYTHING required
- not letting myself get stressed right now even though I “should” be
- tomorrow being Friday!
Your take-aways from this post:
a) Focus on the positive.
b) Eat brownies.
c) Liberate yourself. Cut your hair, run in your sports bra, do something that makes you different.
d) Put spinach in your next smoothie.
What brought you a little bliss today?
Have you ever baked with stevia?